Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 5:14:11 PM EDT
So I've never taken an upper completely off the lower....How do I do this?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a pin at the very front of the receiver, just like the takedown pin in the rear, push it in. Then the upper should just lift off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There isn't a spring involved in there somehow I need to worry about?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope. Change uppers on M16 all the time
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Alrighty, just took a little pressure, I was worried about the pin holding and spring holding the pivot pin in place....I see now....Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Mr. Cobb:

I think it's time you got an operators manual for your rifle.  They are available all over the web for free.  Please get familiar with your weapon before you hurt yourself or someone else.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
WCobb, you can download a manual from here on ARF com, go up to the bar next to "Equipment Exchange" the one that says "Information" click on it and then select  "Manuals and Downloads" In that file there are plenty of manuals to help you out, both with proper maintanence and Cleaning as well as basic safety with an AR, Read them carefully

I hope this helps, and welcome to ARF com!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top