Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2004 9:51:58 AM EDT
I posted this (my first) build a few weeks ago. Since then I have added optics and sights, also I have gone with a desert camo scheme. I painted the ace stock with desert tan Aluma-hyde, then gave it a spattering of coyote brown to try to somewhat match the color of the Tango down battle grip and the rail covers I added. I am now considering taking off the Predator P4 rail and painting it also.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!  How did you prep the plastic parts for paint?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you like that optic?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#4]
WCobb- The stock is aluminum, and the plastic covers and grip are coyote plastic. I just sprayed the stock with gun scrubber to de-grease it.

Stickman- I like it. I had an Eotech on it, but on the predator rail it wouldnt co-witness so I got that Bushnell Trophy. It has 4 recticles, but I only use the 3moa dot. I shot it at Va BRD last weekend and took 3rd against some of our fellow ar15.com folks, so I am pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice, thankyou for your quick reply!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, and again very nice...There aren't many desert colored ARs I get excited about, but that is one right there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, that is one looker of an AR...Excellent Job!
I really shouldn't be browsing in this thread...makes me
want to build a 1st one even more now...

ar15-finatik
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got done painting a mag to match and also a few rail covers that were O.D. Next thing you know I'll be part of the "Krylon Club"....God help me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Good work on the paint job! That Alumahyde is some great stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Good job, the rifle looks great.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
A little jaunt through history, and I quote = "I don't think that ban is going anywhere."  Remember that!!  I've been waiting for so long to say that!!  Sure am glad you were wrong.  

Now get that ugly AK brake off of that rifle and put a real flash hider on there.

Looks like you graduated to building your own.  Good job on that one.  I told you they were easy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I am glad you were right on that one Mongo. I am working on a superlight no-ban right now. I do need to get a vortex to replace the ak brake with. I dont think anyone is going to have them in stock anytime soon though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top