Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 2:25:21 PM EDT
I duno squat about AR headspace. I will be ordering a LMT upper and a LMT bolt assymbly. How do I check and fix the head space?

SORRY this is my first AR build.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If your useing all new parts, there is nothing to headspace. Put it all together and shoot it. It will be headspaced from LMT...........Evne if there used parts, there is no way to adjust the headspace except for buying new parts. Its a good idea to check it with a go no-go gauge but there is nothing you can do about it if its out .... Assemble and enjoy.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW thats awsome thanks, Viper. This should be the easest build ever.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You really ought to check the head space before you shoot, just to be on the safe side... use the go, no-go gauges... if you are using a new barrel and it is not right meaning too short or to long then the company where you bought the barrel from should replace it...

You can adjust for headspace on the barrel but you will need a lathe, and a competent gunsmith to do it... But it is easier just to send the parts back... Cheaper too...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
How much would I need to worry about  a Bushy barrel and a RRA bolt and bolt carrier.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How much would I need to worry about  a Bushy barrel and a RRA bolt and bolt carrier.
Thanks

You dont,  they buy their parts from the same vendor
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks alot for the reply 762 its really appreciated
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top