Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 12:20:21 AM EDT
Is this a good match to start with?  I want a Good named lower and have decided on Bushmaster, I guess I want to know problems if any or other upper kits that would be of good quality. Also is RRA good lower?  All said and done I just want an evil and sinister looking GOOD shooting big boy toy!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:03:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used the Model1 uppers and a Bushmaster lowers before with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Those two companies seem to mate well.  I've used several Model 1 uppers with Bushmaster lowers.....great combo'
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing I have seen is that sometimes Bushy lowers may be a looose fit with other uppers (Even their own)

I have seen 2 new builds that needed a Accu Wedge right off the bat just so the rifle dont tilt side to side as you try to acquire the target.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That was my first build, a Bushy lower and Model-1 upper.  Has worked great for years now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Bushmaster lower to the Mod. 1 Upper is a perfect choice. Make sure the ser. # has a "L" in front of it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Bushmaster lower to the Mod. 1 Upper is a perfect choice. Make sure the ser. # has a "L" in front of it.

Please forgive a dumb question, but why does one need to make sure a Bushy lower has a ser. # with a "L" in front?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's because the "L" may denote that the lower was made by LMT.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top