Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2004 12:13:36 PM EDT
Tuesday morning I ordered a .300 Fireball kit from Model 1.  A big brown truck dropped it off at my office Wednesday... Model 1 shipped it the same day I ordered!  Thursday the brass and dies arrived from Midway.

I have today (friday) off work...so, hmm... how about go to the range?  After several nanoseconds of deliberation I talked myself into it!

Well, after running 10 rounds through with the "shoot once / clean the barrel" routine I decided to shoot a grouping not expecting too much yet.  I was wrong...with a clean bore I shot 1 fouling shot... the next four went into .38" at 50 yards!  I only had a few reloads left so I shot one more group that opened up with one "flyer" to .60"  (my fault, I'm sure).

Overall... I'm pleased with Model 1s kit... it functions perfectly.  The .300 Fireball is a FUN round to shoot... I can't wait to try it out at longer distances with heavy high BC bullets!

Scot

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top