Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:26:57 PM EDT
My wife likes AR`s but at 5 ft 95 pounds she thinks most are too heavy for extended shooting.
Assuming I built with a collapsible stock & the lightest/thinnest/shortest barrel available & legal how light can you make an AR?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My wife likes AR`s but at 5 ft 95 pounds she thinks most are too heavy for extended shooting.
Assuming I built with a collapsible stock & the lightest/thinnest/shortest barrel available & legal how light can you make an AR?  

Olympic Arms makes an FAR15 which is under 5 lbs.  It uses all real parts, not plastic or composite parts in place of metal.

I also believe a few other companies make something roughly the same that weighs a little more.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I was hoping one could be brought in at around 5 pounds or so.  Thanks for the advice,  DAVE
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
try M4 lightweight barrel with one of the Ace stocks (very light).  Should get you close.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
BUSHMASTERS Carbon-15 (see web site) is one beautiful weapon at 3.9 lbs. and they make a "Lady" model that your wife might really like, with a matching Louis Vitton carry case.  I used to not care for the "composite" weapons until I started shooting them, they are light, easy to carry, and with Bushy's excellent customer service and warranty, you cannot go wrong.  I have shot the hell out of these things and have never had any problems, it's amazing, I used to think they were junk, especially after using 15lb. DCM rifles for years.  Now if I travel, hunt, or have to carry it in the field, this is the gun.  I think my canteen weighs more than the carbon-15.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top