Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:44:40 AM EDT
I'll begin by apologizing for being a newbie.  I have just ordered one of the Rock River US Goverment marked complete lowers, and now I am shopping for an upper.  Could someone answer a few questions for me?

(1)  I know that I want a flattop, with a detachable carry handle.  Does that mean I want an A-4 upper?

(2)  What are the differences between a TASC upper, a Tactical CAR upper, and a Elite Tactical upper?

(3)  If I buy a complete upper, are there any other parts I will need to assemble?

(4)  What are the advantages of a free float tube, and the advantages of a stainless barrel?

Once again, I apologize for the basic questions.  I had no problem picking a lower after I heard that the DEA & FBI went with RRA, but all these upper configurations are making my head spin!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Well said Bookhound!

Just hang out, you will find that you can do a lot with the lower by adding different uppers.

I have been buying my lowers two at a time, as I get money and deals.

Good luck in your new sickness.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll begin by apologizing for being a newbie.  I have just ordered one of the Rock River US Goverment marked complete lowers, and now I am shopping for an upper.  Could someone answer a few questions for me?

Where did you buy your lower? I'm looking to do the same thing.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome post bookhound.  I really just wanted the handle for looks while I am saving for the red dot.  Do you know how much the Aimpoint is going to run me?  Also, if I get the flip up BUIS, do I then need the weaver gas block?  If I plan on the railed handgaurd, do I have to get a free floating barrel?

Again, thanks for your post.

I bought my lower here  http://www.ar15sales.com/rra2.htm
I was told I got in on the last of this batch, and the new batch is 8 weeks off.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top