Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 10:49:36 AM EDT
I ordered a LAR flattop upper,white oak armament upper parts kit ,badger tactical charging handle,RRA enhanced bolt carrier...i talked to steve at adco about buying a RRA 20" varmint barrel but he said to sell the upper and get a complete upper cause it would be too much trouble to get the barrel on the flattop. sumthing about the barrel being too thick to get a freefloat sleeve or tube or sumthing on it. I admit i do not understand what he was talking about and im not calling him a liar by anymeans...i just have my heart set on a RRA varmint barrel...do i have any options short of buying a barrel and having a gunsmith fit it? and what about other heavy varmint barrels like at model1sales or JT distributing or even bushmaster...all all varmint barrels gonna give me this problem?  

Plz help me understand guys.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't make a lot of sense. I did a varmint build using a CLE 24" bbl onto a DPMS hi-rise upper and had no problems. Of course you have to put the bbl nut on before you put the gas block on the barrel, but that's the case with anything. I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
ya im sorry i cant make myself any clearer...all i know for sure was he said i would either have to use a dremel or take it to a gunsmith due too the thickness of the RRA varmint barrels. i dunno but im scared to order the barrel now.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top