Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:09:16 AM EDT
I see the instructions on how to swap barrels. I see the Diagram of the upper receiver but I cant find the detailed instructions on how to do it. Can someone help me I'm attempting to build my first A-2 upper receiver!! Next week I'll tackle the barrell install
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean how to install the forward assist and the ejection port cover?

If so, the only thing I have been able to find is the army/airforce manual (pdf).  I haven't seen any online tutorials for those.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the Bushmaster video.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing to install in the upper receiver is the forward assist, as Vector_Joe stated.  It is a relatively simple procedure and should not require the purchase of a video.  IIRC, you put the assist into place and drive in the roll pin.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The military manuals will cover this.  The FA is simply putting the spring on the end, and puttin it inside the groove.  Press in 3/8th of an inch or so, and tap in your pin.  The ejection port cover is simple, but may take a few minutes of figuring which way the spring goes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Its an A2 receiver so I also have to install the rear sight
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
As I said before-----get the video-----it covers all this and makes assembling the A2(or any other) upper receiver a no-brainer-------money well spent----my only regret is that I got the tape instead of the DVD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Gonna order it right now
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top