Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 8:17:15 PM EDT
I want to try and make my own sling but I need the hardware. Like the buckles and the thing for adjusting.

www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm

like what you see on the far right of the sling a little below the stock. Looks like a belt buckle.

Anyone know where I can get some of those?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out REI they usually have better deals for buckels and stuff than one of our type of fun stores.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
www.lifesavingequipment.com/

They have all sorts of buckles, adjusters, webbing, and can make specialized harnesses and bags to any shape, in any color.  Also, woodland and desert camo.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Either im blind or they dont carry what im looking for.

Thanks for the links.

Any other idea's or places?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Army Navy Surplus in my area has everything you need to make a sling.

Edit to add:  The part below the stock that looks like a buckle is called a tri-glide.  I can get em all day long at the surplus stores around Tulsa.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#5]
LSE does carry those or similar, just not on the site.  Send them a picture of what you want.  Click Products, click Belts, and you will see the webbing, and various loops, adjusters, buckles they have.  They MAKE that stuff there.  They have all the components you would need, maybe not the exact item, but comparable, and very heavy duty.  Look at the services page.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. I may be contacting you Laynlow if you dont mind about the place you know in Tulsa. I did find a place that is sending me a couple for free as 'samples' Ill see if its what I need and ill get back to you.

Thank you for letting me know the name of them AFM.

I am trying to make a sling made to fit a forend fit a side mounted sling point. I have to cut the forend portion off then then im going to put the Tri-glid in its place. We shall see.

Thanks again to everyone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Just send me an IM and I will help if possible.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top