Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:52:55 PM EDT
is it common for it to be a severe pain to get this thing on, I've worked it about 1/2 of the way using some of the moly bearing grease, but it's just doesn't seem to want to go further.

I think it's a VLOR or LMT buffer tube, and the lower is a Mega.

there was no problem installing my A2 stock on this same reciever.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 4 MEGA lowers, all different runs (about 100 serial numbers apart and different models)

and no problems with tubes or pins..

-Jason
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I finally got it, had to use a vise, I don't think it will ever come off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is it common for it to be a severe pain to get this thing in, I've worked it about 1/2 of the way using some of the moly bearing grease, but it's just doesn't seem to want to go further.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is it common for it to be a severe pain to get this thing in, I've worked it about 1/2 of the way using some of the moly bearing grease, but it's just doesn't seem to want to go further.

At first I was thinking "WTF!!??!?! why is this guy laughing at me?", then I read that sentance, you're right,
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to re-read it two or three times before I got it.  More on topic my Mega lower took its buffer tube with no problems at all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Try KY Jelly  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top