Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:18:22 PM EDT
for all you handy folks,

Where in the hell can I find a 5/8 24 die so I can finally install my Vortex?  I've checked every tool outlet in the central KY area and I am coming up totally bust!  I haven't had a lot of luck finding a good 'smith in the area---will probably end up taking my barrel to a machine shop tomorrow if I can't find one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe Brownells has them.  Personally, I would take it to a machine shop and have it done on a lathe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How about if i want one to chase some threads?

I've searched the internet for sources.  I've tried Brownells, sears, Napa, etc.  Cannot find one.

If you're looking for new threads, then yes:  Have it done on a lathe or you will be sorry!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it via GOOGLE, you'll get all kinds of hits.  

Look at  isccuttingtools.com
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do it via GOOGLE, you'll get all kinds of hits.  

Look at  isccuttingtools.com

I have, several different ways.  I did finally just find one on MSC Industrial Supply

Now I'm looking for a 1/2 36
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top