AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:05:48 PM EDT
16" M-4 CAR kit from model 1 sales

1-9 chrome lined barrel w/ A2 flashider
Collapsible M-4 stock & grip
A3 upper
M-4 handguard

Now for the questions.  Do I want a chrome lined bolt carrier?  Also is it worth getting the handle?  What's the difference between a 16" CAR kit and the 16" M-4 kit?  As far as I can tell, not much since the M-4 parts can be added to the regular CAR kit.

J&T has an M-4 kit for roughly the same price.  Who has better service/quality?  I'm sure that one has been asked alot, so I know a search is in order.

It's been a long time coming, but the AWB is finally gone so it's time to build.  I have a friend who happens to be a 1st Lt. in the Army that's going to help me put this thing together and zero it.  He claims he can put one together blindfolded.  I'm not going to ask him to prove it with my rifle.  ;)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe tht JT says on their website that they are Colt parts.  The kit you have picked out so far is probably the kit I would go with if I was starting out again.  All of those option are perfect for your first rifle.  I'm not too sure on the chrome bolt carrier.  But make sure to get a post-ban kit if your are in NY.    The NY AWB doesn't expire.

It probably be best to get the handle with it, I think they sell them for about 75-85 if you buy it at the same time as your kit.  You can't find it for that much cheaper elsewhere.

The difference in the M4 and Car kit are the telestocks and barrel.  The M4 stock is the newer ribbed stock.  The M4 barrel is a heavier barrel with the stepdowns on the barrel for attaching a 203 launcher.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be keeping the rifle at my parents place in PA until I move back out of the Communist state.  I want all the good toys.  :)

I've lived here for 2 years and every day I hate the government here more and more.  Tax, tax, tax.  Restrict, restrict, restrict.  NY in a nutshell.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top