Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:41:47 AM EDT
Is there a way to simply knock out the pin and replace the stock with a functioning collapsable stock without changing the tube, spring, buffer as well?

OR

Are we stuck with replacing the everything(tube, spring, buffer...)

TIA,

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes...  But but hope you have lots of tools and time....

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=198632

It is cheaper and easier to buy what you want...  and it will be new!

EDIT:  I have one of these non-CAR tubes, band saw and bridgeport mill... perhaps I should convert one so people know how to do it..... perhaps in a few months when I finish more important tasks?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Allot of them have full length buffer tubes. In that case not really. however calculate what your time is worth and you will see the cheaper way out is to buy one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a colt unit it can be done with basic tools.   I did it check the link.
look here
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top