Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 6:38:40 PM EDT
Why are all the lowers on backorder?

I can't find any STAG, RRA, or most of the others anywhere.

EXEPT Bushmaster who IMHO charges WAAAAAAAAY to much for the same quality stuff that you can get other places.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I don't know if you're kidding or not...but...

Have you heard of something called the "Assault Weapon Ban"? Well it's going away. That *might* have caused a surge of people buying "no-ban" receiver so they can make evil-child-killing-weapons-of-mass-destruction....

Try the EE...I'm sure there's SOMEONE with lowers available...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
OOOOOHHHHHHH, That is the law that says that I can't hunt with the "ASSULT WEAPON/MACHINE GUN" of my choice. Maybe MISS. Finestine shoot go hunting with someone.  I can find a hat she could wear.(so what if it has antlers on it)  

Hey, maybe MR. Kerry would like to go.

BTW I was kidding about the lowers...I would love to find one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I hadn't realized there was a run on, I just looked and saw the "Out of stock" notations were numerous.  Oh well, I'm going to hedge my bets a little bit, I'm waiting till after the Presidential election before I do anything rash...

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Many here saw the potential rush and bought early.  I've got six extra in my safe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I stockpiled all summer.
I have 6 stripped lowers and a partially build Preban DPMS in addition to my noban build.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]
i figured there would be a rush, so i ordered 3 from eagle firearms awhile ago. they just arrived friday... wish nics would hurry up and give the proceed so i can build them...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure all the various manufactures are running close to 24/7 to meet demand due to the fortunate demise of the Clinton/Feinstein AWB.  That being said, the CMT/Stag Arms lowers are a tremendous buy for the money.  I've also seen the Ameetec (sp?) lowers and they look very good too.  It's a great time to buy a forged AR-15 lower for under $100.00.  That is if one can find them!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
RRA has sold more today than ever in any one month! even with the DEA CONTRACT!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll second the Stag lowers from Eagle.  I got a Stag and a RRA for a bit more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, I have been stockpiling, have 6 RRA lowers, 4 RRA A3 uppers, 3 RRA A2's also a couple Olympic lowers only.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top