Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 11:24:36 AM EDT
I have a BM A1 16"  with the classic stock.  I want to put a tele stock on after the ban expires (if it expires).  Is there any benefit to it or is it not worth it?  I would say I'm doing mainly because of the look and you can change the length to fit you.

-mark
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...  I would say I'm doing mainly because of the look and you can change the length to fit you.

-mark

yep.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, the ban is toast.  You can do whatever you want to your rifle (NFA compliant, of course) after 00:00 13 SEPT 2004.

However, good luck finding the "NO-BAN" goodies you want.  The rumor mill is cranking full out that the rush is on!

I bought my tele-stock off of auction arms back in January.  It's lying in wait...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You've pretty much got the situation sussed.

Telestock advantages:

1. Makes for slightly more compact storage if that's important to you.
2. Lets you shorten the stock at will for kids, etc, or if you're wearing heavy clothing or body armor.

But I believe most guys who have them have them just becaue they think they look cool.

I prefer the standard stock myself. It's simple, strong, works, fits me, and I like the look. But one of my guns will be getting one this week just 'cause my kid likes 'em. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't bother changing it out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Magpul 93A.  Best of both worlds.  Only downside is that (right now) there's no storage in it, but I've never stored anything in the A2 butts anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot in the summer, T-shirt.   I also shoot in the winter, Jacket.  Got the picture?

If it expires..........?????

MauserMark,
You not from the News Media also are you??
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top