Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:10:30 AM EDT
I'm finally getting aroung to putting together my first AR-15. I have an assembled upper, and have recently purchased a Troy Ind. MRF-C rail system. After reading several posts here, it sounds like the easiest way to install this is to cut off the delta ring.

After looking at it though, is there some trick to doing this without potentially damaging the barrel nut? Is it just a matter of being really careful with the Dremel? Would first removing the snap ring and spring be better, to allow me to slide it back a little from the nut?

All the posts I read made it sound so simple, just want to make sure I'm not missing a step before I start cutting.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Dremeling it is the easiest and fastest way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Best way of course is too do it the right way, but where is the fun it that!  I cut mine off, just go slow, pay attention, and be careful.  You'll have it off in no time!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Pay someone who garantees their work.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Best way of course is too do it the right way, but where is the fun it that!  I cut mine off, just go slow, pay attention, and be careful.  You'll have it off in no time!

-Hershey

+1

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for encouragement, was all I needed.

I figured it was just a matter of taking it slow and being careful. I just was a bit nervous about cutting up a new upper.

Anyways, I gave it a go tonight, and I'm happy to report I have successfully removed the ring, and mounted the MRF-C. And with not a single scratch anywhere. To anyone else who may be a bit hesitant, it really is as easy as everyone says. I went about as slow as I could go, and it still only took me about 15 minutes.

I'm just a lower away (it's on the way) from my first AR-15!

-Bob
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Good deal Bob.

Let us know what you think of the MRF-C.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top