Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 10:48:14 PM EDT
I had planned to purchase everything for my first AR-15 build from Bushmaster.  However, after comparing the prices Bushy quoted me to the prices at ADCO for RRA parts, it looks like I can save at least 20% with RRA.  I plan on getting the stripped lower receiver and the lower parts kit, and using a 20" A2 barrel I already have.  

A couple of the people who responded to my earlier post said RRA lowers are actually machined better than Bushy.  Are there any drawbacks to using RRA parts.....poor customer service, mismatched parts, etc?  I'm a little concerned that ADCO lists the RRA stripped lower receiver as being on BACKORDER status.  Is this a common occurence?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Well as far as the quality aspect is concerned, I wouldn't worry. the differance between Bush, Rock, Colt, and Armalite parts and build quality is miute at best. In my opinion, each company has certin things that they do better than the others, but really the differance is negligeable. If saving money is important, then go with RRA without a second thought, you'll be happy. Also, I would't worry about the recievers being on back order, they are probably just short because of Monday. Good luck with your build!  --ST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as stripped lowers go, I agree that the two brands are wqually OK. Not so sure about the innards though.

When I built up my first (Rock River) lower, I got the parts directly from them, and got two broken/unusable pieces that I had to go to the gun show and replace.  When I built the most recent, I got the innards from Bushie, and was much happier with what I got.

Now I'm perfectly willing to concede that the Rock River episode was a rare occurance, and most folks wouldn't have the experience I did.  But what it did show me was that RR doesn't even look at the stuff they're packing, and I refuse to pay money to an outfit that expects me to be the inspector of their stuff, and doesn't pay me for my labor
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Stripped lowers have been in short supply everyhwhere.  WTF is going on!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA parts especially that I have used have always been top quality.  Their lowers have been backordered for a while.  In the other post, I recommended Stag lowers from Eagle Arms.net.  Last time I checked, they are in stock. From what I have read, these lowers are made by the same company that does RRA's.  I am getting ready to purchase one to put up.  Everyone here that I know of recommends them highly.

If the LPK's are still on backorder also, you could pick one up for about the same price from J&T Distributing.  I have used these, and am very happy with them.  They are supposedly made by Colt.

As far as quality service, if you order from ADCO, Steve will take care of you.  I have never been so pleased with the service.  He responds to email questions very quickly, ships fast, and I have never had a problem with an item purchased from them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered my LPK from RB Precision on monday, should be here today or tommorow.  They had both RRA and DPMS LPKs in stock on monday.  As for stripped lowers, I stockpiled 'em all summer long. . .
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a parts kit from ADCO not too many days ago.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top