Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2004 11:35:58 AM EDT
 Can someone help me out here. Today I took off my Bushmaster fixed telestock to install a Daniel Defense Sling Plate. No problems there, but when I went to reassemble I noticed I only had a Takedown pin spring and not the detent, and it was a little deformed ( right at the end of the spring it was stretched and then coiled). I've looked high and low for the detent with no luck.

Can someone tell me what these 2 pieces are for? And since I could only find the deformed spring and not the detent, Is there a chance my bushy didn't come with a detent ?

Off to cover the area where I took it apart to look for the missing detent...........  

Edited to add: I still have my Takedown Pin Detent, just need to know If I screwed up the spring or not? My Takedown Pin spring is almost all coiled until the very end where it goes kinda straight then back to coiled? Is it supposed to be like this or do I need another spring? And if I don't need another spring which way does it go in ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be OK...  I have seen some that got really buggered up and the spring isn't exactly a critical part for the gun to work...  I would try to be careful when you reassemble your stock assembly and add the spring to your next order at wherever you buy AR-stuff....

The spring is uniform so you can put it in either direction...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
You know when think about it, I swear that spring was straightened and coiled when I first took it apart. I think what they do is stick that straight piece up under the sling plate where it has that elliptical cutout. It might help prevent that spring from flying out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The detent might still be inside the receiver bore, they often stay in.

Chances are, the spring was bent over a tad, then got pinched between the telestock plate and the rear surface of the receiver, thus kinking the spring.

You should definitely have both a new spring and a new detent plunger (if it's really missing), although, as pointed out above, the springs can get pretty buggerd up and still work.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The detent might still be inside the receiver bore, they often stay in.

Chances are, the spring was bent over a tad, then got pinched between the telestock plate and the rear surface of the receiver, thus kinking the spring.

You should definitely have both a new spring and a new detent plunger (if it's really missing), although, as pointed out above, the springs can get pretty buggerd up and still work.

Yeah I found the Detent it was still in the hole. And if that spring was buggered up it was how it was installed cause I've never taken this rifle apart. Thanks guys.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top