Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:32:42 AM EDT
I already have a bolt gun with this chambering and I really like it.  What I think would be even better is to have a supressed upper  and develop subsonic loads for it too.  
 I read here last month about someone that already BTDT and was looking for advice on port size and location for the best function with those light loads..... >10g of powder doesn't make all that much volume I'm sure.
I would be ok with an adjustable gas tube if it would allow me to shoot both subsonic 240s and normal 125g loads without problems but can't decide which portsize would be appropriate for the wide open setting on the tube.
  Mostly I can't decide because I Just Don't Know Enough

A pointer for a good supressor manuf. would be nice too so I can get my paperwork started.... the LEO I spoke with last week indicated it shouldn't be a problem to get his boss to sign.  Or should I be asking this in the other forum ?

TIA,

rip
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]

SWR makes an excellent can for 300 fireball/whisper

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't say about other suppressor manuf. but I have one by Jeff's Shooter Supply in AL and it is incredible.  Any manuf should have what you want.  The only thing I can say is Probably after you shoot it subsonic and silenced you will not have an interest in supersonic nonsupressed fire.  There is nothing quite like dumping a full mag suppressed!!!  Good Luck

Thomas
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Mark  I got a chance to look around online for just a few minutes this morning. Nice stuff for sure !

Thomas, that goodtimeallisrightwiththeworld feeling is kinda what I thought might be waiting for me... thanks for the info ... I'll check them All out.  

hmmm.... so many opportunities....

rip
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top