Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 4:27:56 AM EDT
I am waiting to see what happens in a couple of weeks before I order My parts.  What can I expect to get when I order?

I guess it will just go back to PRE ban with bayonet lug and FH/FS upper
any diference in the lower?

How about price?

and Will they come with 30RD mags standard?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am waiting to see what happens in a couple of weeks before I order My parts.  What can I expect to get when I order?

Well, if you order a "kit", you will get a butt stock kit (buffer tube, buffer, spring and furniture), lower parts kit (pistol grip, grip screw & washer; trigger, springs & pin; hammer, spring & pin; buffer tube retainer parts; pivot & takdown pin, detends, springs) & an assembled upper.

You have one week as of Monday Sept 6th.  Ban dies Monday Sept 13 at 12:00.01am....

I guess it will just go back to PRE ban with bayonet lug and FH/FS upper
any diference in the lower?

Nope.  Were you thinking that w/ the ban ending, FA parts would come w/ the kit?  The 86 FA ban is still in affect.... it has no expiration.

How about price?

The price, as of now, usually has been the same or very close.  The uppers prices are usually are identical.  I'm guessing there will be a slight increase in parts price IF the demand goes up Monday Sept 13.... which most are prob. assuming.  I think it will be the vendors hiking it up slightly to take advantage of the demand.  Just like gas going up on labor day weekend.  I could be wrong, and it could go down....or stay the same.

and Will they come with 30RD mags standard?

Kit's have, to my knowlegdge, have never come w/ a magazine.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
So I cannot put a bird cage type screw on thing at the end of the barrel then?

Is it called flashhider,flash supresser,flash arrester, or something totally different?
I am real new to this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
After the AWB ends on Sept 13, you can have a flash supressor on your new rifle.  Just make sure that when you order the kit, upper or whatever...that you tell them you want a barrel with a flash supressor.  Don't get the old post ban version because the barrel ends are not threaded and won't accept the flash supressors.
I've heard bird cages called hiders and suppersors.  The arrester is a new one, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Model 1 20" A2 pre-ban standard upper half
5.56 NATO
Chrome Moly, 1-9 A2 w/Flashider
Bolt carrier group& charging handle  $375

IS THIS OK? I want to put it on a RRA lower.

WILL BUSHMASTER LOWER PARTS GO INTO A RRA STRIPED LOWER???????
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
"Nope. Were you thinking that w/ the ban ending, FA parts would come w/ the kit? The 86 FA ban is still in affect.... it has no expiration."

The '86 law has nothing to do with it... this is NFA '34 rules.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I don't know what you are talking about.  When you say I cannot have a FA do you mean Flash arrester?  I thought I could put a Bird cage on.  My question is IF the ban sunsets can I just buy a pre-ban threaded barrel and a bird cage?

If by FA you mean Full-Auto than NO SH%#.  I'm not that stupid!h.gifh.gifh.gif
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If by FA you mean Full-Auto than NO SH%#.  I'm not that stupid!

Sounds like you know enough to get started.
I got a laugh out of it.

Yes the BM  parts should fit in the RRA lower.
(they may come from the same manufacturer - neither makes their own parts - both are high quality)  
If the RRA's are cheaper, buy that parts kit.
Colt lowers use a different sized pin that required an adapter.
The RRA ussually is a pretty snug fit.  (good thing)
Don't sweat it, it breaks in after a few times opening and closing and shooting.
It may not match colors perfectly.
BM's tend to be purplish-black.
RRA's tend to be flat black.
DPMS tend to be shinier black
Colts are grayish black
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"Nope. Were you thinking that w/ the ban ending, FA parts would come w/ the kit? The 86 FA ban is still in affect.... it has no expiration."

The '86 law has nothing to do with it... this is NFA '34 rules.  

Ummm.... I thought that in 1986 Pres. Reagan stopped the production of "civilian" FA's..... I thought it was 86 because I keep on hearing people talking about post 86 dealer samples for FA's and pre 86.......(shrugs)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top