Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:45:54 PM EDT
Anyone had any experience (good or bad) with M & a Parts. I very close to building an AR using a DPMS forged lower.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
They ship fast and thier parts are nice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Built a Mid Length on a DPMS lower and a Shorty on a Rock River. Both were easy to put together with a little fitting of the bolt hold open on the mid length, and both are flawless in function.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Good prices and fast initial shipping from them, but they shipped the wrong item and between them and UPS I was almost exactly a damn month getting what I wanted. But they DID eventually come through and I'm happy with the thing (a midlength). I put the upper on an existing lower and it shoots well. Am in the process of building a new lower with the M&A parts now and they seem okay.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had nothing but good parts and super fast shipping from M&A.
Better than model 1 sales in my experience's.
Will do business again with them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
3-4 years ago, they sent me a M-16 car kit when I ordered a semi-auto AR-15 CAR kit. Swapped it out after  they monkey fucked around and a few phone calls but never payed me back for the return shipping when they said they would. Scratched them off my list of people I will do buisness with. Model One Sales gets my money now and has their act together IMHO.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Hoot,
I had a similar incident a few years back. M-16 parts when I ordered Semi parts.
But I called them and they sent the right stuff no questions, I gave the Auto parts to a friend who has an RR for spares......
YMMV
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I've delt with M&A both at gun shows and over the phone.  Pleasant people to work with.  No problems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
my buddy bought a 10" commando and didnt tell them what chamber he wanted. could anyone here tell what chamber he may have?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think M&A "makes" anything, they just distribute.

When I ordered my midlength flattop, they sent one with with a flattop gas block as well. They first tried to tell me that all the flattops came that way, then, when I pointed out that their SGN ad showed many, many flattops and none of them had the flattop gas block (especially my midlength), they told me that they were "out of stock" of the one I wanted but that they'd be "getting them in" again by the time I got the incorrect one returned to them. The truth of THAT statement is open to question, judging by when the UPS tracking says they got the wrong upper back vs when they shipped me the right one (about 7 days difference), but the relevant point is that the implication was strong that they got their midlengths from somewhere else. I'm guessing it's from RRA but of course don't know this for a fact.

As I said, the midlength upper I got from them (finally) turned out to be of very good quality. It shoots well and I'm happy with it. But I recently had to order a LPK and I gave J&T that business.

If you order from M&A, be sure to spell out EXACTLY, in great DETAIL, what you want so there can be no "confusion." As I said earlier, their prices are good and their shipping is very fast if they can manage to stuff what you want in the box.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hoot,
I had a similar incident a few years back. M-16 parts when I ordered Semi parts.
But I called them and they sent the right stuff no questions, I gave the Auto parts to a friend who has an RR for spares......
YMMV

When I called them, the tone was implied that I was trying to pull a scam to have some previously owned M-16 parts swapped out on their dime. They blew me off till I finally rattled their cage and got the correct stuff swapped in.

On another note, I did have a Model one barrel that was reamed with a dull reamer. After 40-50 rounds, it would fail to extract. One call to Model One and I had a UPS tag with in a day. Soon as it was shipped back, Model one sent out a correct replacement even before the old one arrived.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:57:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone had any experience (good or bad) with M & a Parts. I very close to building an AR using a DPMS forged lower.

Well finally ordered my varmint kit (16" fluted/stainless) but went through J&T Distributing. Seemed to have a better rep. and shipping was slightly cheaper. That was on 9/16/04, so when it didn't arrive when they said it would I called them on 9/24/04. They said they were waiting on a shipment of charging handles. Looking at some other peoples' "waiting experiences", I might be awhile before getting my order.  On the bright side, they don't charge me until it is shipped. Anyone had problems with J&T, I hadn't noticed any complaints previously.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:37:34 AM EDT
[#12]
 I got my kit the other day and put it together. Everything went together well and the upper/lower finish are almost a match. I'm very happy with it so far, just need to put some rounds through it. Thank you all for the valuable info. contained on this site.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered my kit from M&A Parts last year, it was delivered 2 days after I ordered it, they gave me excellent service!  

I was happy with the quality of the kit received and delighted by the fast service!  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top