Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:08:34 PM EDT
I've been searching but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  I know RRA has SS mid lengths barrels with a 5.56 NATO chamber in 1:8", but I'm set on a .223 Wylde.  Wife says I'm picky - took me a while to find her. :)  

1:7" twist would be ideal, but I'll use 1:8" if that's all that is available.

Is this an OTS item, or am I in for a custom order?

Thanks guys,
MeagerMouse
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with dennysguns, he had a post proposing a similar setup,
We are designing a new custom upper configuration and would like some input.
I don't think anything came of it. But he may be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Stryfe, I remember reading that thread.   I'll email Denny about barrels.

I have a couple of uppers waiting, so I could go either M4 or rifle feed ramps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know, the RRA is about as close as you are going to get (I am ordering one soon- hopefully).

If you really want it I think it is going to be custom.  

I guess another option (but slightly different) would be to get the 18" varmint barrel from RRA.  It has the gas port at the same position as the midlength relative to the upper receiver.  Then you could have Kurt or Adco turn it down to the contour you want and hack off the extra 2".
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA sells a 16 inch 1:8 and I HIGHLY doubt that they would change the chamber to something different they the rest of the varmint barrels

They use the Wylde chamber on the Varmint barrels but I would call just to make sure.  Having the barrel turned to a new contour (*def. something lighter) would be easy to do and Steve over at Adco can have it done before he sends the barrel and the price to contour is CHEAP.  Good luck finding what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
You might want to try Hart Barrels.  They just might do a custom chambering for you, though it will probably be expensive...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top