Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2004 12:38:06 PM EDT
Is there a different upper for the .223 or the 5.56 or does that just depend on what barrel is used?  Also, what is an average parts kit cost to assemble a stripped upper?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Just depends on the chamber/barrel.

I haven't really heard of an "upper parts kit".  I think you'll have to buy the parts individually if you already have a stripped upper.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose prices can vary depending on what individual parts are ordered.  About what could I expect to pay for the parts to assemble an upper?  I am looking for good reliable parts, not the best or worst.  I am mainly doing this for the experience I'll gain, but will I be saving much money?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Well,

Not including the B/BC and the barrel assembly, you are looking at:

ejection port parts $6
forward assist parts $12-$13
charging handle parts $13.50-$15

places to check out
www.rbprecision.com
www.georgiaprecision.com
www.adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's what you'll need and the prices:

barrel assembly (with front sight base, handguard cap and barrel nut)     $200*
gas tube and pin    $9
delta ring kit     $10
ejection port cover assembly   $6.50
forward assist kit     $11.75
bolt carrier group     $110
charging handle     $17

Total:   $364

*The biggest variable is the barrel.  Price will depend on length, type, pre or postban, and if chrome-lined.
These prices are off of Rock River Arms' website, and you should expect to pay less, especially with the dealers over in the EE.  For example, one of them has a sale on the bolt carrier group and charging handle together for $112 shipped.  IMO, RRA parts are a good balance between cost and quality.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top