Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2004 6:52:15 PM EDT
does everyone just use a strap wrench for tightening these?  is there a special barrel nut wrench for this?  float tubes go on in place of the barrel nut right?

thanks for you help...

david
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
btt...

need help on this one...

david
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What tube are you installing??

The FF tube I use (LaRue) is tightened by hand to the new handguard nut.  If you like, you can then use a strap wrench to tighten the HG nut a little more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently removed my FF HG and replaced it with B nut/D ring/ and frt HG plate. I used a DPMS multi tool to remove it but it didn't fit into those little holes. I ended up ruining it. I have seen ruin FF tube like this a few times, I think the manu. of that particular FF tube has a tool for it, the plain universal ones do not fit the holes properly
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top