Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 3:46:34 PM EDT
assemble a post ban stripped lower with a pre ban kit w/ flash hider?

Use 20 & 30 round mags?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
yep....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
says.....................It is likely.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
In two weeks there will be no such terminology as pre & post anything.........as long as you don't live here in CA.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to clarify.... It is legal to use 20 and 30 round magazines now provided that they do not say "restricted to LE or Gov't use" on them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I just hope  the Senate does not pull a last minute decision and put something like a delay or an extension on the ban until they can resume the issue after the elections, when they can have more time to concentrate on topic. Could happen......

We got 2 weeks to see what they come up with.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"restricted to LE or Gov't use"

Unless the ATF comes up with some retarded ruling that makes them that way, they should be treated like any other mag.  But ATF & retarded go together like apple pie and ice cream, so you make the call.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Unless the ATF comes up with some retarded ruling that makes them that way, they should be treated like any other mag.  But ATF & retarded go together like apple pie and ice cream, so you make the call.

The ATF can't do anything because there won't be any law to rule make a ruling on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
and AR pistols will be cool.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Am a wrong, or does the AWB have NOTHING to do with barrel length??

As far as i understand it, a SBR will still be a SBR and will still require the same paperwork etc.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just hope  the Senate does not pull a last minute decision and put something like a delay or an extension on the ban until they can resume the issue after the elections, when they can have more time to concentrate on topic. Could happen......

We got 2 weeks to see what they come up with.

Not possible, the law goes away, the senate itself cannot make a law or change the law without Congress and the President.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Am a wrong, or does the AWB have NOTHING to do with barrel length??

As far as i understand it, a SBR will still be a SBR and will still require the same paperwork etc.

Correct, the National Firearms Act of 1934  (NFA34) defines SBR and SBS.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
yo will i be able to buy an UZI???
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You won't have to buy them.  The streets will be "FLOODED" with them!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You won't have to buy them.  The streets will be "FLOODED" with them!

you'll be able to trade candy to any kindergardner for them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just to clarify.... It is legal to use 20 and 30 round magazines now provided that they do not say "restricted to LE or Gov't use" on them.

well sort of ......that depends on what state you are in.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet a civilian won't be able to use them.  When they were sold, they were exempt from the excise tax because they were sold to law enforcement or government.  Civilians pay the tax on guns and mags, and other stuff. You needed I.D. to get them.  I bet ATF make just such a ruling.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet a civilian won't be able to use them.  When they were sold, they were exempt from the excise tax because they were sold to law enforcement or government.  Civilians pay the tax on guns and mags, and other stuff. You needed I.D. to get them.  I bet ATF make just such a ruling.

No excise tax on magazines
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In two weeks there will be no such terminology as pre & post anything.........as long as you don't live here in CA.

bullsh*t. pre & post terminology will remain though will have different definition. many are forgetting the 1986 ban and the sporting arms crap.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Its tempting to put preban items on a postban ater the AWB dies. But I think its too early to celebrate. Some say that if J. Kerry wins, a reinstated ban and one worse then the one that is about to die is a great possiblity. Just when we are rallying the end of the AWB, the new administration can just later come and take it all away post ban or not. Who is to say that the new administration, does what they did to California they will do the the entire U.S? They can stop the sales of assualt rifles period and make us register our rifles and maybe some day make us turn them in at no compensation to us. It can happen, pretty extreme but it can happen.  As long as the politicains play to the mass media and public, they can still pull some bullshit on responsible gunowners.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Its tempting to put preban items on a postban ater the AWB dies. But I think its too early to celebrate. Some say that if J. Kerry wins, a reinstated ban and one worse then the one that is about to die is a great possiblity. Just when we are rallying the end of the AWB, the new administration can just later come and take it all away post ban or not. Who is to say that the new administration, does what they did to California they will do the the entire U.S? They can stop the sales of assualt rifles period and make us register our rifles and maybe some day make us turn them in at no compensation to us. It can happen, pretty extreme but it can happen.  As long as the politicains play to the mass media and public, they can still pull some bullshit on responsible gunowners.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top