Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2004 10:47:46 AM EDT
want to get a 12 ton press from harborfreight. they offer 2 models. which one should I get??

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
One may come with the plates, and the other does not, IIRC. I was needing one, but I was able to use someone elses.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the bottom one . works good
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 20 ton like the bottom one.  You do not want the "A" frame style on top.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
the top one would limit what you could do

the bottom one is better and will do alot more stuff then you can think of

bushings, bearings, seals, the works
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the top one and have been happy with it.

How would it limit what you can do?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a home-made one like the bottom pic.  It's served me well for many years.  I'm going to make some aluminum barrel blocks and use the press to hold them for installing the extensions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Don B.:

The lower one allows you to move the ram right or left to accommodate odd shaped parts where the area you need to press on is offset from the center of your part.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top