Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:22:58 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I have decided to get a Rock River lower for my first AR. Is it worth the extra cash to get the National Match trigger? This will be an informal target/plinking and maybe SHTF rifle. Is the NM trigger just smoother and lighter?  Also would like to know who offers a 16in chrome lined barrel upper with the green mid length handgards. I see RRA offers a chrome-moly setup like this but I would prefer the chrome lined.  Thanks in advance for your input.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
ADCO (look on the industry forum) has the 16" RRA chrome lined mid-length barrels, they can do a lightweight contour on the barrel, too. They are a really good dealer.
As far as the 2-stage trigger goes, that is really a matter of personal preference. I personally do not see the need for a match trigger on a 'social' rifle. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a RRA NM on my CAR and it is sooo nice.  I am no expert on triggers, but this weekend at a 3 gun I was double tapping gongs up to 100 yds and actually thought "nice trigger" while shooting.  I pulled out my DCM for the 100+ yarders with a Whites customized RRA NM trigger, also verrrry nice.

I know there are a lot of users and builders out there and it depends on what you want, or like.  The NM trigger is more $'s, but if you go with a better barrel and want better accuracy, a match trigger helps a lot.  Some like to go with minimum cost barrels and triggers and they do well in accuraccy, it just depends on how far you want to go with the accuracy.

The RRA NM trigger is a very nice trigger.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the NM trigger.  They can be had for around 70 bucks if you shop around, and i think are worth every penny.

The some of the standard 1 stage triggers are SO heavy they compromise accuracy even at sub 100 yard distances.  (for me at least).

The NM trigger did more for my MY accuracy as a shooter than any other piece of gear.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top