Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2004 5:35:35 PM EDT
Hola.

After completing my Garand project, I've decided to go for something a little more modern. After reading the Blemished LAR uppers post, I decided that building my own would be an awesome project.

However, I'm unfamiliar with the AR15. And the whole process of assembling one. I'll be out of town on the 14 of next month, so I won't be able to participate in any build parties.

Exactly how does one go about building an AR?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Step 1. buy the parts

Step 2. put them together

Seroiusly, its almost that easy.

But I'd start here: Build your own upper - Step by step instructions - Easy!  tacked at the top of this forum.

[ETA I didn't realize until now that the above link was just the upper; for lower instructions as well, you'll need the manual -- Here.

It really takes a minimum of tools, and picking out the parts is fun.
Enjoy.

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Just about everything you need to know is here:

AR-15 ASSEMBLY GUIDES

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That helps alot thanks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top