Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 6:09:50 PM EDT
Where can I get a set of free-floated handguards which still look like normal A2 handguards?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
bushmaster has them in their catalog and probably online.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think what you're looking for is a DCM/CMP type float tube.  It goes underneath a set of A2 type handguards.  There are a number of manufacturers for these.  I like the Rock River tube as it places the sling swivel in the normal location using a little extension off the cap.  Others use a second swivel mounted directly beneath the cap, which in theory is stronger, but in practice the extended swivels are usually strong enough.

To install one, you need the appropriate tools or take it to an gunsmith with AR experience.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also check with Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the Armalite Fiberglass Free Float (with a Harris bi-pod)..
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top