Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 5:50:30 PM EDT
I'm having some trouble mating my stag arms lower and dpms upper.  They just dont want to seem to go together very easily.  Am i missing something here?  Is there some sort of trick to getting that rear takedown pin in?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Work with them a bit, they will loosen up and bed in nicely, particularly when you start shooting it.  If they were too easy a fit, they would get sloppy after a while, which could adversely affect accuracy.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't force it too much--some uppers and some lowers are really too tight to fit together. And it's not seen often, but you should know that it's possible to break a lower at the pivot surfaces, so don't crank it down too hard. Can you give us some more details about what happens when you attempt to assemble the two? How much of a gap are you seeing at the rear when you try to close it?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Since the Stag lower is made by the same outfit, Continental Machine, that makes the Rock River, Century, and some other brands. They all seem to have tight rear ends (no pun intended).  We've had a number of posts on the Rock River types, and I have personally experienced the situation.  Had to use a rubber hammer to get a recent Rock River lower to accept a different brand upper; but as the others have posted, it eases up after several trys.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top