AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 4:11:54 PM EDT
has anyone used a lower form sarco? How does it compare to other lowers? thx
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have built two from them.One is a Mega with the GatorGrip mag well and one of the Stingers.Both worked just fine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw their ad in Shotgunnews. Very cheap for kits with Lower receiver included(But no barel?)

Someone should get one and try it, I prefer it not to be be since this is from Sarco.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 3 stripped receivers from Sarco. The picture on their website shows a Stinger receiver. The website ad doesn't actually say Stinger.hree I will probably sell them when my RRA's get here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Tim, if it had a barrel, it would be a complete rifle, and you would have to pay a Federal tax (10%).

It is not a complete rifle.

If you buy a rifle kit, less lower, it is not a rifle, just a bunch of parts, and no tax must be paid.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tim, if it had a barrel, it would be a complete rifle, and you would have to pay a Federal tax (10%).

It is not a complete rifle.

If you buy a rifle kit, less lower, it is not a rifle, just a bunch of parts, and no tax must be paid.

I see. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#7]

I ordered 3 stripped receivers from Sarco. The picture on their website shows a Stinger receiver. The website ad doesn't actually say Stinger. Three Stag Arms receivers are what showed up. I know some folks like them but I think the deer head logo isn't right on an AR.  I will probably sell them when my RRA's get here.

I was going to order a Stag receiver, but just couldn't do it; a big deer head on the side of an AR just ain't right. I paid extra and got a PWA fron RBPrecision.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Dont go by the price in the shotgun news unless you are a dealer.I bought two and had to pay like $125 each.I live an hour away and made a trip there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top