Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 3:10:57 PM EDT
Guys,

I'm looking at the trigger and hammer pin and notice that they appear identical.  There are two notches in the pins:  one on the centerline of the pin and one close to the end of the pin.

My question is when inserting them into the lower receiver, what is the proper orientation for each.  That is, does the hammer pin insert with the end notch on the right side of the lower (i.e. magazine relase side) or the left side (i.e. bolt catch side).

E-95
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]

I've always inserted and removed pins from the left <bolt catch> side of the lower with the notches close to the end of the pin also on the left... I really don't believe it matters, but I've always done it that way and have never had any problems...

edited for a train wreck of a typo... heh
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I did the exact opposite.  I guess I'll find out the next time I go shooting if the pins start walking out of the receiver.  

E-95
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The hammer spring holds the trigger pin in place.

But what holds the hammer pin in place is a mystery to me(Friction? Tension?) Because I have seen 2 walk out at the range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]

The 'J' spring in the hammer holds the hammer pin in place... If a hammer pin walks out, the 'J' spring is most likely broken...

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top