Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2004 5:09:49 PM EDT
Hi all,
I'm building a coyote/fox and prairie dog rifle.  Trying to decide on a barrel is driving me nuts!!  I want a 20", chrome moly, good quality, accurate barrel.  I would be very grateful for any and all suggestions.  Also, do I want a muzzel device?  I think they look great, but I don't know if I should have one.  Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A BARREL WITH AN UPPER, TRY  "midwayusa.com".
THEY HAVE GOOD DEALS ON HEAVY BARRELED  DPMS  UPPERS,  WITH A CHROME BOLT.
IT'S WHAT THIS AR IS MADE FROM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/thetoadinpa/todds-hunting-toys/ar-1.jpg

I BUILT THIS AR FOR COYOTE HUNTING,  IT SHOOTS JUST UNDER 3/4".
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind a large diameter/heavy barrel, try Olympic Arms SUM barrels (just the barrel, put it on another brand upper).  The SUM barrels are very accurate and one of the best buys.  They can achieve the same accuracy as a more expensive barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Go witha free floated 24" Wilson barrel.  I just finished a build and it shoots really great.  As far as a FS or brake, I would leave the barrel plain as some say anything on the end of the barrel can effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
With a heave barrelled rifle, you will not need a MB.   A nice target crown on the barrel will be your best option.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top