Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 3:27:16 PM EDT
keeper screws? this is new to me. like a dumbass i threw the instructions out. correction, since i cant put anything down in my house without my wife moving and or throwing it away, my wife threw it out. not much play in the saftey switch, and the upper and lower have absolutely no play. so much that i have to drive the pins in and out with a rubber mallet. maybe i missed these screws altogether. could you advise how to fix it? the bushy lower i assembled went together without a hitch.  crap i meant to post this in my other thread, could a mod merge this perhaps?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what you mean by "keeper screws" but from you description, I don' t think there is a problem.  Every lower and upper will fit together a little differently.  I have one or two lowers that I used to alwasy have to use a brass hammer and punch to drive the pins.  I found a plastic tool on gunbroker that made the job easier.  The punches would mar the pins but the push tool really helps, check it out.  

I would say that if the rifle functions correctly, you have no problem.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top