Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 7:24:44 AM EDT
Is there a tangible difference between these two?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA has high rear shelf near the rear take down pin - no RDIAS for you (99.9% don't care).  RRA has extremely tight rear section near the rear take down pin - many have had to "modify" their uppers to fit them into the lowers without a mallet.

Bushmaster no high rear shelf - see above comment.  Bushy receivers accept nearly all uppers without "mods" - "if you like a sloppy upper to lower fit".

RRA is a better value, dollar for dollar.

Finish comparison between the two is a wash.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Good reply - I appreciate the 'no flame' response.  Thanks.

I am looking at building my own baby from the ground up including:

2-stage trigger.
Skel. buttstock
RRA upper and Lower
?? 24" vmt bbl, heavy contour.
100% optics-based platform
Free-float alum. handguard
.223 caliber

Beyond that I'm flexible.  LOL.  Probably will have the 'tactical' grip.  Tried one in a gunstore and loved it.  Looking into an 'upgraded' bolt carrier ass'y.  Not 100% sold on the skeleton stock - it's as much a 'look' thing as anything right now - looks like it'd go well asthetically with the grip - but I don't know how well it'd work in a 'reach out' type rifle.

I know AR's are interchangable on the top end.  Wouldn't mind flexibility but not stricly required.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top