Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 12:20:21 AM EDT
i have a rra lower that i just put together with a rra lpk. some of the parts seem really stiff such as the bolt carrier release and the pins that join the upper and lower. those are pretty minor concerns, however the trigger is really getting me. when you cock the hammer, you cannot simply pull the trigger to get it to release. you have to flip the saftey even if the safety is in the fire position.when you flip the saftey the hammer "clicks" then you can fire it. only when you  flip the saftey does it allow you to fire.i hope i am explaining this i a way someone can understand. thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#1]
All I can say (after some frustration with the exact same trigger) is go back over the little directions card and start from the beginning.  Losen your keeper screws then losen the adjustment screws accordingly.  Keep at it.  There is no-$@## about a 1/16th turn difference between "way off" and 'right on'.

In your rcvr - how much play do you have in the safety lever (betwen the selector barrel and the rcvr itself?)?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I Had some of the same problems, I sent it back they tuned it up, I put it back in and it works great. I had to wait a few more days to go out and play but it was worth not having to deal with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
As for the stiffness with the bolt release and the push pins- don't worry about it. They will wear in and work great with use.[(:)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just installed a large pin model RRA 2-stage in my Colt this evening. These are available from DPMS. I was sweating it, as I have heard of installation difficulties with this product. Luckily mine went together very nicely, I used the KNS anti-walk pins I got from Denny's, and did find the pin fit very tight. I would suggest starting over from scratch,  with the safety lever, hammer, and trigger out of the gun. If all else fails describe the click you get to the guys at RRA,  I guarantee your not the first guy to experience this problem.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I am guessing you are talking about a normal RRA trigger and not the two stage.  Even if you are not this could still be the problem.

Is the trigger returning to the full forward position after cocking the hammer and releasing it?

I'm no expert but I got my lower together on my own with an RRA LPK no problems and I'm guessing maybe the click you're hearing is the disconnector disengaging and the trigger catching the hammer.  If you keep the trigger all the way back and cock the hammer the disconnector catches it.  Upon letting go of the trigger it should make a sound like a click when the disconnector lets go and the trigger cathes the hammer.  If the trigger is not moving freely it could prevent the disconnector from disengaging.  The selector, when switched to safe then fire, might be giving the back part of the trigger a nudge pushing it down just far enough for the disconnector to let go.  Instead of flipping the safety try pushing forward on the back of the trigger and see if that fixes it as well.  If it does the trigger is not moving freely enough for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah i had the trigger spring installed backwards...i am retarded. sorry guys.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top