Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 7:43:10 AM EDT
thank god.  i was put on "hold" status on the background check with my FFL since it's been a REALLY long time since i've purchased a firearm.  he brought it in weith him to work today and apparently the BATF says it's cool for me to own a gun...(my FFL dealer also works in my office... how cool is that?)

anyway,  any suggestions as to a pre ban upper i can mate with it for my post sunset weapon?  i was thinking about a RRA A2 CAR upper with the mid length handguard...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]
go m4gery
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
thank god.  i was put on "hold" status on the background check with my FFL since it's been a REALLY long time since i've purchased a firearm.  he brought it in weith him to work today and apparently the BATF says it's cool for me to own a gun...(my FFL dealer also works in my office... how cool is that?)

anyway,  any suggestions as to a pre ban upper i can mate with it for my post sunset weapon?  i was thinking about a RRA A2 CAR upper with the mid length handguard...

I dont think it matters how long it has been since you bought a firearm, When I bought my first gun it took like 1 min to complete and when my mom got her first gun in all of her life she's almost 50 it took no time as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think it matters how long it has been since you bought a firearm, When I bought my first gun it took like 1 min to complete and when my mom got her first gun in all of her life she's almost 50 it took no time as well.

well,  i was delayed but i've got the lower in my posession now.  signed over to me less than 10 minutes ago.  i'm VERY happy.  this lower is very light!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
these are just right for the price - i got one a few months ago and am very pleased with it. the only thing is that is is a little tight with some uppers. have fun and stay safe.  
mp
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
these are just right for the price - i got one a few months ago and am very pleased with it. the only thing is that is is a little tight with some uppers. have fun and stay safe.  
mp

my only complaint so far is the mag release is a tad 'sticky"
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The background check goes through the state, not the BATF.  I know here in PA, the state system will go down for hours at a time.  When that happens, the dealers can't do any transfers.  I've been told that Mondays are the most likely time for a delay, imagine that!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top