Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 2:35:25 PM EDT
Has anyone used the RRA tactical carry handle? Is it a good one ? I like the looks of it, but I would like to here from someone that has one. anybody?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a good fixed BUIS (LaRue, LMT) or even a flip up (Troy, ARMS) instead. The tactical carry handle severly limits your optics mounting options.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one.  Given what I know now, I wouldn't have got it with my RRA TE Upper.  The only way to co-witness an Aimpoint with it is to use the flimsy wide Aimpoint mount.  

I'm probably going to end up cutting it down to use it as a stand alone BUIS.

If you don't already have it, save your money.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
edit: repost
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I better hold off on getting it, sounds like I should think alittle about what optic's I want first. So many options out there, was looking at the ACOG but I read that its designed for the 14.5" barrel. I want a 20" A3 upper of some sort. What would be some goood optic's for this type of rifle anyone?                                                                                                                                                                                            
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I better hold off on getting it, sounds like I should think alittle about what optic's I want first. So many options out there, was looking at the ACOG but I read that its designed for the 14.5" barrel. I want a 20" A3 upper of some sort. What would be some goood optic's for this type of rifle anyone?                                                                                                                                                                                            

There are many variations of ACOGs. Not all are specificly for the M-4.

Lonny
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one similar from Wilson Combat just for the A2 sight & didn't want anything that flipped. I haven't purchased optics yet and didn't want a standand detachable carry handle. So it fit my purpose.

MT
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top