Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2004 6:44:04 PM EDT
It's my understanding that some of the currently manufactured AR-15 lower receivers are not compatible with the Registered DIAS.  What kind of work/machining must be performed on these recievers in order to get them to accept the DIAS?  Are there machinist's drawings or diagrams available that show how to accomplish the necessary modification(s) to these receivers?
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 3:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Ummm. Post this over on the Full Auto section of the site, along with a picture of your registration papers (block out your name and address if you're so inclined) and you'll probably grt some answers.

It's just kind of hard for us to quite asccept that someone who has a REGISTERED auto sear, and spent the bucks to get it, doesn't already have this info.  Especially when it's his second post.

No insult intended, but it is kind of strange
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
From the M16 Full Auto Section:

Quoted:
Without modification, a DIAS will fit:
Colt pre-90 (unblocked)
Bushmaster
Cavalry Arms
Essential Arms
Sendra
Eagle early production
Palmetto/SGW/Olympic early production

With very slight modification:
Olympic Arms later and current production (relieve interior about .015")

With more extensive modifications:
Colt blocked with pin-in block

With somewhat major machining:
Colt current production (high shelf)
Armalite/Eagle current production (high shelf)
Rock River
PWA
DPMS
ASA
Century/FAC
Hesse
(also just about anything else)

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ummm. Post this over on the Full Auto section of the site, along with a picture of your registration papers (block out your name and address if you're so inclined) and you'll probably grt some answers.

It's just kind of hard for us to quite asccept that someone who has a REGISTERED auto sear, and spent the bucks to get it, doesn't already have this info.  Especially when it's his second post.

It may be more appropriate to post this on the full auto side, but I don't see anywhere that he said that he already 'has' one/paid for one.  He may just be asking so that if he decides to get one in the future, that he can have a compatible lower.  Don't think there's anything inappropriate about that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Another DOOP!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It may be more appropriate to post this on the full auto side, but I don't see anywhere that he said that he already 'has' one/paid for one.  He may just be asking so that if he decides to get one in the future, that he can have a compatible lower.  Don't think there's anything inappropriate about that.

Right, what he said. The "ones we don't speak of" have us trained to not even speak of the evil full autos out loud or write about them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry my response upset you.  As the 25+ year owner of a registered select fire AR, who got his first NFA weapon (Thompson M1 model) over 30 years ago, I just have a problem with guys who either have spent, or are condidering spending, multi thousands of dollars on an RDIAS, and don't yet even know what it will fit.

My experience is that such people are almost always klunks who are either lawbreakers, or condidering becoming such; especially when it's their second post.

If that bothers you---have a nice day anyway
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]

My experience is that such people are almost always klunks who are either lawbreakers

It's this type of thinking that allowed any and all gun control laws to get on the books in the first place.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If that bothers you---have a nice day anyway

ashields you ignorant ass.

Don't you know that if you really are on the up and up you would have been born knowing everything like shamayim was and wouldn't have to ask stupid questons.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
First Post Alert!

First off, greets to everyone on the board.  I've been reading here for a while but just got around to registering.  I think this is a great board for Ar's.

Having a lower that takes a DIAS doesn't make me a criminal nor does it mean that I'm going to drop one in unless it an RDIAS. It just means that my receiver can take a DIAS. Wanting to know if the receiver I'm about to buy takes a DIAS is just knowledge. Period. Have done nothing illegal.

Likely:
1) September 14 comes and we all get to build our rifles with the "evil" parts as long as no new ban is enacted, which doesn't look likely.

Probably be struck by lightening first (multiple times):
2) September 15 comes and everyone here on the board buys a lotto ticket and wins.

3) September 16 comes and the SCOTUS rules that the 9th Circuit Stewart decision will be upheld in all states.

Maybe Ashields is just a wishful thinker and is planning ahead for #3 above.  I know I am.

Habe
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
First Post Alert!

First off, greets to everyone on the board.  I've been reading here for a while but just got around to registering.  I think this is a great board for Ar's.

Having a lower that takes a DIAS doesn't make me a criminal nor does it mean that I'm going to drop one in unless it an RDIAS. It just means that my receiver can take a DIAS. Wanting to know if the receiver I'm about to buy takes a DIAS is just knowledge. Period. Have done nothing illegal.

Likely:
1) August 14 comes and we all get to build our rifles with the "evil" parts as long as no new ban is enacted, which doesn't look likely.

Probably be struck by lightening first (multiple times):
2) August 15 comes and everyone here on the board buys a lotto ticket and wins.

3) August 16 comes and the SCOTUS rules that the 9th Circuit Stewart decision will be upheld in all states.

Maybe Ashields is just a wishful thinker and is planning ahead for #3 above.  I know I am.

Habe

[tinfoil hat] Welcome aboard, but it's Sept 14 [tinfoil hat]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Crips, you got me there. Of course, September.  Tinfoil hat, I don't think so.  I surrendered to my implant many years ago.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top