Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 1:58:23 PM EDT
I'm gathering the parts needed to finish building a 20" A2.  I can get a DPMS lower parts kit from Brownell's for $44.00 (dealer pricing).  This looks like it is a good price.  Does anyone have any personal experience with these kits.  Are the parts well made, well finished, and in spec?

Also considering getting a DPMS carrier, carrier key, and charging handle at the same time.  Any thoughts on these parts?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used 3 DPMS kits on 3 lowers, all have been fine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My DPMS LPK have been outstanding.  I have been told that RRA is making a slightly better LPK right now, but I haven't placed them side by side to check.  I do know that I have no regrets in my DPMS LPKs, but will try RRA on my next build.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I just put an Eagle Arms lower together with a DPMS kit. The only reason I picked it up was because I was ordering some stuff from Brownells anyway. It worked fine except the upper reciever latch pins are very tight. I think they will loosen up with use though.

However that said, I'll go with an RRA kit next time. I used one on my other Eagle lower and the parts went together smooth as butter. It's worth the extra couple of bucks IMO.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top