Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2004 9:56:41 AM EDT
How much incidental contact is permissible as the gas tube enters the key?  I just installed a PRI Fat Boy gas tube; now I feel slight tap as the tube enters the key.   I tried moving the tube around by hand to see if better alignment would make it go away, no luck.  The tube does not seem to bind in the key (that I can tell).  Haven't shot it yet...

Thanks in advance,
Randy
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Hummmmm...... I don't think it should have any contact.  It should go right down the middle.....
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
There will be "some" contact but as long as it does not bind you should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
take your bolt out of the BC.   Insert your BC in your upper while holding the upper at a 45 degree angle.   With the BC about half way out let go and it slide into place.  If it slides all the way down into place without getting bound up on the gas tube entering the gas key, you're ok.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How much incidental contact is permissible as the gas tube enters the key?  I just installed a PRI Fat Boy gas tube; now I feel slight tap as the tube enters the key.   I tried moving the tube around by hand to see if better alignment would make it go away, no luck.  The tube does not seem to bind in the key (that I can tell).  Haven't shot it yet...

Thanks in advance,
Randy

I ran into something similar when I was installing a PRI fat boy......except I'd get a serious enough bind that the tube would refuse to enter the carrier key. Per the advice of the board I took a smaller drill bit and reamed out the carrier key. Didn't take much, and that got most of it. The rest of it was to take my dremel with a very fine sanding drum and touch up the end of the gas tube (very light touching up....maybe about ten total seconds of work), and it now slides in just fine.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top