PRI clamp on folding front sight/gas block from Steve at Adco
RRA bolt carrier assembly and charging handle from RBP
YHM bipod and sling rail adapters from RBP
Aluminum "door knocker" buttplate from RBP
A1 usgi buttstock(od krylon)
DPMS service rifle sling
RRA scope mount from RBP
Burris 2.75X Scout scope

I just could NOT bring myself to tear down my old Colt flat top varmint rifle for this SPR build.  So to test out the barrel first and get some trigger time on it, I mounted everything on a Colt A2 upper.
I'm a strong advocate of the Springfield Armory Scout rifle in 7.62 Nato as the ideal "general purpose rifle" platform(IMO), and have been quite comfortable with the forward mounted optics involved.  With a five round magazine, it is the perfect truck gun/hunting tool, and with a few 20 rounders filled with fangible west german ball you can really get someones attention a quarter mile away!
Rather than buy a new scope to test how well the concept would translate into Arfese, I grabbed the Burris off my SA Scout, rationalizing that she and I needed a few "naked rifle" range dates to get better aquainted anyway...

The arf Scout Practical Rifle points well.  Shoots well.  Functions well.  NO batteries required...  Any other "outside the box" thinkers here?

Paladin

ps, Krista at RBP is great, I ordered parts on Fri afternoon, and they came in Monday's mail!
http://home1.gte.net/res07evx/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/110-1053_img.jpg
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun.  Love to bust the paradigms!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top