Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2004 3:57:31 PM EDT
Hi I am wanting to put a bushmaster xm 177 flashider on my pre ban colt. Should I use a peel washer or a crushwasher to do this? Any info would help. You can email me at [email protected] if you dont want to post. Thanks JC
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The washer you use would be dictated by the barrel and not the flash hider.  Use the same kind of washer you currently have.  If ya don't know what you have.  Remove the flash hider.  Look at the shoulder of the thread to barrel junction.  If it's undercut (concave), then it uses a crush washer.  If it's square, it uses a peel washer.  I could easily be wrong about this, but I think all flash hiders & muzzle brakes use a square cut on the end to be able to use either a crush or peel washer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear crushwashers are the way to go. I used peel washers on mine and had to use 2 to get it indexed. So you might need to buy a few of each to get it just right.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Peel washers can be used.  Crush washers need to be used if your Flash Hider or Brake needs to be indexed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top