Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2004 4:34:06 PM EDT
I got my Yankee Hill Tube kit today...I got the Customizable one, in the "specter" length.  It's an Armalite upper, with a 16" Oly match barrel...not the SUM, just the plain match.  

The kit comes with the tube, a 12" rail, lo profile gas block, sling swivel, sling stud, the end cap for the tube, and the flip up front sight.  I ordered an additional 3" rail for the bipod on the bottom.  Interestingly, the two holes towards the front for the sling stud are at 4:30 and 7:30...you can't seem 'em in these pics.  

The tube seem pretty sturdy, but it's not really thick...and it feels lighter than some other tubes I've seen.  I forgot to weigh it before I put it on, so I don't know exactly what it tips the scale at.  

All things considered, it's pretty cool....makes for a different look, and I like the look of the end cap.  

I think Yankee Hill has done a good job with the stuff I've gotten from them so far...good quality, at prices most of us can afford.

BTW, the kit was $235...but you can get the quadrail type w/o all the shizzle I got for about $120...and I think they sell the lightweight one even cheaper than that.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun Dood!  I gather you reload?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, I reload...I got spoiled...the first batch of handloads I ever did got me some 1/2" groups...so I just kept at it.  I even reload for plinking ammo.  I've been so broke lately that I haven't gotten much done...but  I have a little windfall here via a home equity line of credit, so I've gotten so of the stuff I've been negecting....like 1000 pieces of ready to prime .223, and 500 rounds of the same in .308., and I'll order some powder and bullets here in a day or two.  

I need to order 2 new bolts, and one more bolt carrier before I can shoot this one...I've got one more new barrel that needs a bolt & carrier.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Very sweet  15. Who's the bipod from? Are you mounting a scope or going with a detachable rear iron sight (Flip up style?)?

Do tell! Spill all!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The bipod is a Harris BR model..the shortest one, and it's on an ARMS #17 Tri Lock mount...which is also being sold as the #32 for about $20 more lol.  

This is strictly gonna be scoped, although I do have that little flip up sight...so I could at some point drop an ARMS #40L on there.  I have a spare # 38 that I could put on here, but I'd need another set of #22 high rings to clear the rear sight on that one...so I'll probably just put that on another rifle.  

I have 2 other carbines with various styles of BUIS; one with a Holosight, and the other with an Aimpoint, which is why I figured this would strictly be a target gun.  

The Yankee Hill stuff is very well made, and I've been happy with it so far.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top