Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 8:35:34 AM EDT
Anyone know the exact size and thread count? I seem to have lost one? It is an Armalite lower if that helps...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry don't know the specs, but their all the same, simply pull one outta your "Field Repair/Spare Lower parts kit", something no AR15 owner should be without.....

Bushmaster sells good ones, as does DPMS.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
1/4" x 28 pitch on the threads.  

Some one else will need to give you the needed lenght of the bolt.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"Field Repair/Spare Lower parts kit", something no AR15 owner should be without.....

Bushmaster sells good ones, as does DPMS.

Mike

Yet another thing I will need I guess>
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
With all the parts on AR15 rifles that tend to zing off into the nether regions, like the buffer detent pin and spring, the pistol grip spring, the firing pin retaining pin, not to mention the weakest link that extractor and extractor buffer and spring, NOT having spare AR parts handy can mean the difference between having one bad SHTF rifle or a danged expensive aluminum baseball bat (actually a real bat would better as ya can grip it).

Food for thought, eat up!
Mike

added: forgot to mention, some of the items above will literally do what your mom always warned ya about "put your eye out"!, if you ain't careful, and anyone who's spent more than an hour on your knees digging thru that "shag-carpet" knows exactly where I'm comin from.......
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine usually end up behind the refridgerator, but the best one was in my wife's potato salad! at least I got the spring back.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top