Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2004 2:16:34 PM EDT
What kind of bipods can I put on picatinny rails? How will these interfere with handling the rifle (won't a bipod get in the way of holding the handguards?)?
I guess having a vertical foregrip would prevent the bipod from getting in the way, right?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a harris ultralight mounted with a Yankee Hill bipod mount on my SIR.  I'm going to shoot it for the 1st time on Wed.  I can let you know how it works.  I dont leave the bipod and mount on there all the time.  Just when going to shoot it that way.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
ARMS makes a sweet throw-lever mount (ARMS #32) that clamps directly to the lower rail .  I have one on my Harris bipod.  Nice setup.  Attach or remove in about 3 seconds.

If interested, contact "Wes" at www.MSTN.com.  He'll fix you  up.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a quad rail front end, you can easily keep an ARMS mounted short Harris style bipod on a carbine length rail, and have enough room to keep the vertical grip mounted at the same time...if you move the grip towards the mag well a little.  I have that setup up now, and it works fine.  

BTW, what's being passed off as the ARMS #32 is really the #17 Tri Loc mount...but it works great with the Harris bipod.  (At least the one I got says "#17 Tri lock on it...even though the bag said #32.  I went to the ARMS website, and they don't list a #32, fwiw).  Anyway, I've seen it for $20 less than the "#32".  Cal's Sporting Armory has it for $69.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top