Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 5:24:13 PM EDT
I'm about to assemble a RRA lower and I was wondering if I can lube the parts with clp instead of grease. I dont have anything but clp so can the parts be greased later? TIA
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't lube anything prior to assembly.  Everything got a nice coat of CLP when I was done though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
On the 2 I've done, I wiped everything down with CLP before starting.  Mainly to clean off the stuff the manufacturer put on the parts.  Then I used a little CLP on all parts as I assembled.  

Didn't have any problems once the lowers were together, so I say CLP away.
Scott
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I started on the bolt catch and I noticed it sticks a little bit, is that normal at first? I know on my bushie it moves real loose but on the rock river parts kit it stick just a bit when its released but it moves freely when you push on it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My RRA is the same.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Does it affect they way it works or is that normal?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine works fine.  I think I've just gotten used to it.  It's the only RRA I own, so I'm not sure if it is normal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My RRA does this as well. I have had about 1000 rounds through it, I think I may do a tear down and do a little clearance once I get that rollpin out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top