Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2003 6:17:06 AM EDT
Hello all. I've searched and read quit a bit concerning muzzle brakes and the like. However, I'm still a bit confused. I will be purchasing an M4 kit in the next two weeks. Any advantage going with a perm attached brake vs. a press on mock suppressor?

Thanks for the help.

harleycharlie
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
With a press on FS you will get the look of a flash suppressor. Thats about it.

With a muzzle brake you will get a really annoying rifle. Annyoing you ask? Well, it will make your rifle obnoxiously loud. If you ever have to fire that rifle without hearing protection, your not going to be too happy.      
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I am going to have to agree with Knife_Sniper on this. I have the pressed on and it looks really smooth and does not add anything to the noise of the rifle.

There really isn't much need for a "muzzle brake" on an AR but there is a need for the FS.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Another reason to go with the press on:
It'll be easier to remove when you have the barrel threaded in September. [:P]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
That clears it up for me. Thanks for the advice. I'll opt for the mock press on.

harleycharlie
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top