Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2003 7:33:10 PM EDT
I want to build a flat-top(A3) ar15. I'm looking at a stripped LAR A3 upper on ebay. Does anyone know anything about LAR, and what are they worth? Thanks

Dunk
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I think I have run accross them on Ebay before.  When they say Teflon coating, the only ones I know of that teflon coat is DPMS (IIRC).

Any how, the ones listed on the auction says they have cosmetic blemishes.  So they are number 2 uppers....

A Rock River stripped flat top goes for about $100.00 and the upper parts to finish it is about 18.25.  And the ready to go upper (minus the chargine handle) is 115.00 from Rock River.

I've never tried those uppers.  IF you can get them "cheap" and all the probem is the finish, great.  But know what you are bidding on and how much the "good" stuff costs.... or you might get into a bidding war and end up paying the same for complete uppers and number 1's for a number 2 upper receiver.

One time, one of the dealers here were selling A3 complete (by Rock River) for about 89-100.  But that was some time....look in the EE for them..... never know what you will find.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
You cant go wrong if you go through MEGA. I just paid for my A3 today. 117.42 shipped with charging handle and fwd asst and eject cover.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I emailed the guy to find out what kind of blemishes these uppers have. If I can get one for around 65.00-75.00 shipped I'll get one. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I emailed the guy to find out what kind of blemishes these uppers have. If I can get one for around 65.00-75.00 shipped I'll get one. Thanks again.
View Quote

Cool...let us know what the Ebay seller says.  I'm sort of wondering what kind of blemishes it has also.  (And I promis I won't bid....)  I"m in the market for a Les Bear upper for a project right now....
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have emailed that guy from EBAY before, and I believe it is sold through LAR direct and he was an employee there.

He told me it was all cosmetic on the exterior and that they are perfect in the inside etc.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top